Dear voters, dear residents of Sabirabad!
We are approaching 7 November – the day of election to the Milli Mejlis (Parliament).
Azerbaijan’s nationwide leader Heydar Aliyev used to say, “Citizens of Azerbaijan are the main source of power in Azerbaijan”. These words are also reflected in the Constitution of the Azerbaijan Republic. There are issues of concern in the life of every citizen, and their solution directly depends on the legislative body and the laws adopted by the Parliament. Therefore, each one of us must think carefully before electing our representatives to the legislature. Those not indifferent to the country’s future must be active on 7 November!
The key difference of this election from previous ones is that it occurs at a time when Azerbaijan has left behind the period of transition, when our state has grown stronger and when there are much more extensive opportunities for resolving existing problems. Therefore, WE ARE ENTERING THIS ELECTION WITH GREATER HOPES.
In the run-up to this election and IN AN EFFORT TO BECOME A REPRESENTATIVE OF ALL PEOPLE OF SABIRABAD, I, Ceyhun Osmanli, am addressing each one of you, old and young, rich and poor, men and women alike. To some of you I hope to be a son or brother, to others a supporter and comrade-in-arms, but I have come here to be a friend for you all. I have come here to share this affinity with you, to be by your side you in your happy and sad moments. Proceeding from the phrase that “Citizens are the main source of power”, I HAVE COME TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR CONCERNS DIRECTLY FROM YOU. I have come to gain your confidence by raising your problems in the Parliament and elsewhere.
A rapid, comprehensive and sustainable development of Azerbaijan is a key priority for the country’s leadership today. Consistent measures have been taken to this end throughout Azerbaijan, including Sabirabad District. In addition to the work being done, we are all concerned about the implementation of the following issues in Sabirabad District. These issues form the core of my election platform:
• In addition to the construction of central roads, building of new village roads;
• Reconstruction of the gas and electricity system;
• Creation of new jobs;
• Renovation of educational institutions and construction of new ones;
• Refurbishment of health facilities and construction of new ones;
• Upgrading the water and sewage infrastructure;
• Supporting the private enterprise;
• Development of traditional spheres in agriculture, encouragement of new projects, further action to facilitate the transportation of produce from villages to the market, removal of obstacles impeding agricultural development;
• Construction of new dams to prevent flooding;
• Further action towards insuring people against natural calamities;
• Upgrading the boiler and heating systems to provide enterprises and homes with heat;
• Establishment of new clubs and organizations to keep young people away from pernicious habits;
• In addition to providing young people with quality education in the country, to make effort to enable them to receive education abroad at the expense of the state, return to the country as qualified professionals and be employed in secure jobs;
• Establishment of new sports facilities, especially the reconstruction of the city stadium;
• Reopening of kindergartens and creation of favorable conditions for overall development of kids;
• Operation of libraries in line with present-day requirements;
• Modernization of culture facilities;
• Provision of necessary support to low-income families;
• Construction of a new grain storage;
• Establishment of cold-storage chambers;
• Provision of support to veterans, war-victim families, those in need, the handicapped and lonely;
• Social security of pensioners, especially the elderly;
• Comprehensive action towards eliminating bureaucracy, corruption and bribery which impede development and generate public discontent;
• Making needs assessments by conducting various surveys;
• Investment in the management of human capital in the district and selection of qualified professionals for different sectors;
• Conducting historical, ethnographic and especially archeological researches in the district and enhancing attention to it by conducting archeological excavations;
• Discovering the region’s potential to the maximum extent, etc.
If elected to the Parliament, I will keep the said issues in the focus of my attention and CONTINUOUSLY WORK TOWARDS THEIR SOLUTION.
ELECTION for me IS A BEGINNING, NOT AN END. If you elect me as your representative, you will see me not only in the media and in places out of your reach, but in your city and villages. We will share our concerns and WORK LIKE A FAMILY for the future of Sabirabad!
The people of Sabirabad are sincere, hard-working, kind and hospitable. I do hope that we will work shoulder-to-shoulder with you in the name of Sabirabad’s development. By becoming your representative, I will be as close as your own family to you, will listen to you and raise your concerns.
While seeing the development of Sabirabad as an objective, we must not forget that the biggest objective for all the people of Sabirabad and Azerbaijan as a whole is the liberation of Nagorno-Karabakh and seven districts adjacent to it from Armenian aggression. To do that, each one of us, all Azerbaijanis, including the people of Sabirabad, must work hard, tirelessly and with determination. For our work to produce the desired result, WE NEED A DEVELOPING SABIRABAD CAPABLE OF CONTRIBUTING TO AZERBAIJAN’S CAUSE! As a great example of the unity of the people and the state, we must join our forces around common ideas and make Sabirabad one of Azerbaijan’s most developed regions.
Of course, the responsibility of every member of the Parliament is to make legislative initiatives and prepare laws that would benefit all. We must prepare laws for each one of us – teachers, doctors, pupils, students, pensioners, i.e. every citizen of the country – to benefit from, SO THAT EVERYONE COULD LIVE IN A FREE, FAIR AND PROSPEROUS SOCIETY GOVERNED BY LAW.
I am fully prepared to work tirelessly both in my parliamentary activities and in promoting the implementation of regional projects and PLEDGE TO DO THAT CONSCIENTIOUSLY. I do hope that given the growing opportunities in our country I will play the role of a bridge for the implementation of projects representing great importance for Sabirabad, and will work conscientiously for the development of Sabirabad.
WE WANT SABIRABAD TO DEVELOP AND EVERYONE TO BENEFIT FROM THAT!
WE DON’T SIMPLY TALK ABOUT DEVELOPMENT, WE WORK TO BRING IT ABOUT!
THE TIME OF DREAMS IS ALREADY IN THE PAST, IT IS A TIME OF REALITY! IT IS A TIME OF REAL WORK AND REAL PROJECTS!
We call for a PROSPEROUS SABIRABAD!
We are in favor of YOUTH, DEVELOPMENT, FUTURE!
With deep respect for each one of you,